27 October 2008

Well, that was interesting

I just got in from my run. I went for about an hour and I can honestly say that for the first time, maybe ever, I didn't want to come in.

Strange. I really do enjoy running, but I'm usually just running for time or miles and today I really had neither to worry about.

I couldn't really worry about miles because I'm running a stretch of road I don't know the mileage of, and even if I drive it to try to figure it out, it won't quite be right because I kept back tracking and turning around, so whatever.

And time? Well, I have nothing going on. If I was at home I would have laundry to do, or ironing, or shoes to shine, or a house to clean, or cookies to bake. But I'm at a resort at a conference and almost everyone I know has gone hunting. I did run into one of the higher ups when I came back but he was heading out to run.

So I ran and thought and talked to myself (outloud, even) and the weather was great. I really enjoyed the run today, despite the fact my arches still hurt and my knees are sore (I need to stretch more and I should maybe see Keith sooner than I had planned).

If only every day could be like this.

No comments: