That's three months to:
- Get the baby's room ready
- Gain some more weight (but not much more!)
- Buy stuff for Little Moe so she won't be naked all the time (though if she's like her father, she'll want to be)
- Figure out this breastfeeding stuff
- Get some sleep before I won't be sleeping ever again
- Exercise so I'm not a total pudge during delivery
- Get all my projects done at home so I don't have to think about those when I'm trying to learn how to take care of Little Moe
- Figure out how much time I'm taking off of work (I'd like to take 12 wks, but I'm thinking I might do 9 full weeks and then come back half time for 3 more - I don't know).
- Figure out who is going to cover for me while I'm gone
- How to train said person or persons for basically everything I do
- How to get them paid
- How to sleep at night worrying about if they're doing it okay or not
- How to sleep at night wondering if they're doing it better than me
So do I make a list of "How to do Moe's job" in detail - down to the last step, or do I just say screw it, let them only answer the phones and let it the rest pile up and I'll do it when I get back? And if I do make a list - how detailed do I get? I'm also worried about my email, because I only have so much space and everything comes through me. We do have a telework agreement in place, so I am debating on bringing home the laptop, but not sure the boss will allow that (and I think hubby would disown me if I did).
On top of that, my backup for a lot of stuff may also be gone during the same time frame, which will really suck. That's still up in the air - and I'm waiting confirmation on that.
I'm seriously considering working a half day, at least, each week while I'm on maternity leave, just so I can keep up with stuff and check on things - even if it's a Friday afternoon when most people are gone, just so I can go through email and do the little projects that aren't bad, but are a little tough to explain.
I don't know. My boss doesn't seem too worried yet. But then again, he's better under pressure (I usually am too, but the clock seems to be ticking a little too fast these days).
Less than three months!!! AAAARRRGGHHH! I don't need this stress. Oh and add on top of that: I have my 2-hour glucose test on Monday and I have this feeling of dread that my doctor is going to want to put me on bed rest, which will really screw up my life. Praying that doesn't happen.
Anything else in my life that I can worry about? lol