22 June 2011
Jillwillrun posted this recently and it really made me think: What do I do when I'm procrastinting? Maybe I'm in the wrong career? I don't know.
So what DO I do (which sounds funny) when I procrastinate at work? Well, a few things:
- I blog (like right now)
- I search for recipes
- I read up on fitness stuff
- I log my food (I'm a little obsessed with loseit.com)
- I'm a coach now for FXB, so I try to find things to motivate my team
- I read about running or search for races
- I update my spreadsheets with my budget
- I read up on the news - cnn, npr, mpr, local papers, yahoo, etc.
I'm sure there are more, but these are the main things. A lot of what I do to procrastinate at work is on the computer - surfing (the InfoDesk taught me well), commenting, blogging, writing, etc. But at home it's a different story:
- I read
- I watch movies/tv
- I knit
- I nap
- I bake
- I run
- Or I'll talk about running and then walk around the house for 20 minutes before I actually go
But are these things that I could develop a career with? I don't know. That's something to think about, I guess.
What do you do when you procrastinate?