09 October 2008

A little bit more

I'm nauseous.

Okay so I love to fly but I always get nauseated. I hate that feeling. sometimes I wish I could just throw up but it never gets quite that bad.

In fact (sorry...this may be gross), I haven't thrown up since 1994. I've gotten close - closer than just flying - but never to the point of hurling. I kind of wish I could though. This constant "almost" vomit thing is really annoying and uncomfortable.

It's days like this I long for the oxygen switch F-16 pilots get to have.

Yes, I've ridden in an F-16. Please don't hate me. It's been a few years and I totally loved every minute and really want to go up again. I'll write about that sometime but besides the thrill of it what I loved was the oxygen available whenever I'd get a wee bit queasy (which only happened at the very end when I thought about it). Then I could turn the dial and breathe in the oxygen and feel fine. Instantly I would calm.

Of course we don't get that on commercial flights unless we're crashing. I think Tyler Durden was right - it's then just to instill a euphoria within the passengers as they are crashing.

But I could really use some right now. One more flight to go...

No comments: