26 October 2008

Oh so sad...

I just read my Goddaughter's blog (she's just over 6 months old and, yes, she has a blog) and discovered I missed a big church holiday today.

It's Reformation. How stupid am I? Hello! I'm Lutheran - this is kind of big in our denomination. I'm so dumb. And I'll miss All Saint's next week since I'll be at drill. Sheesh...you'd think I'd remember Reformation.

This is just further proof to me that I need to get more involved in my church. I think I need to start with joining the one I generally go to here. I've been toying with this for awhile since I haven't been to my 'home' church in over a year.

And the fact that church is supposed to be about community, I really should join the community and be a bigger part of it. I was asked a couple months ago to join the choir but I bowed out because I was going to be gone pretty much every Sunday this month (and I have a strict rule that if I can't be around for 75% of the Sunday's when they sing, then I shouldn't join - it's not fair to the others). And they usually sing at the 9:30 service and I really like the 8am.

Hmm...maybe I can get involved in another way. Big O keeps hinting I should lead one of the adult ed groups. I could do that but I really need to brush up on everything. It's been 4 years since I've been in a class...it might be good to brush up.

Well, I need to think on this a little longer and have some conversation with Big O on how I can be involved. But I think I should join them officially. I can't keep out of the church world anymore. It's not healthy for me.

No comments: