08 October 2008

On a marathon note

I am walking a lot better today, which does make me happy. I have very little pain left - a little in my left ankle and my right quad. I'm going to do some moist heat tonight and then hopefully I'll be right as rain. :)

And because I am who I am, I'm trying to figure out what my next race(s) will be. I do have a few planned and hopefully I'll be able to pull them off:

- World Run Day, November 9, 2008
- A Turkey Day 5K at a nearby town where you actually get a pumpkin pie at the finish. I'm trying to talk my Sis-In-Law to run this with me. She hasn't replied on that one.
- St. Patty's Day 5K in town, March 17, 2008
- Brookings Marathon, May 16, 2008

After this, I'm not sure. Grandma's Marathon would be awesome, since it's so well-known, but I'm not sure I want to travel to Duluth. I still like the Leading Ladies marathon in Spearfish, S.D., because I've driven that route and it's beautiful.

I'd like to run TC again because I really want to beat my time there, but maybe it's not about the race, but about the race. Does that make sense? Not the race location but the race itself: the marathon. I need to beat my time. 6 hours is decent, and official, but I know I can run faster and I need to be able to do that.

That's where my training comes in. I'm trying to cut out crappy food and going for the good stuff - more veggies and lean protein, better exercise program throughout the day, and keeping positively motivated.

Here's hoping!

2 comments:

Sophzilla said...

A-maz-ing! Congratulations racer!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to figure out what you want to do with racing, huh? I flip through Runner's World each month and say to myself, "I want to do that race, and that one, and that one..."

Right now I have the San Antonio RnR in November, the Las Vegas Half in December and the Phoenix RnR full in January. Beyond that, I have no official racing plans. It's weird...