25 October 2008

I made it, RoadID

I don't have photos yet. My brother took some before SiL and I left to run and I know he uploaded them, but he didn't email them to me yet. As soon as he does I'll post them here so you can see just how awesome we looked.

And SiL and I looked awesome, believe me. We were total rockstar's. It was a chilly morning to run but once we got going we kicked butt, not stopping once and keeping a really good pace. Sadly for me, she had a kick at the end so she beat me by 20 seconds, but I still finished 34:01. That's a 10:56 pace which is pretty good for me, especially on a brisk fall morning when I worried at the start that I might not make it to mile one.

Of course, then I realized the course was marked in km's instead of miles so I got to check off 5 of them instead of just 3. SiL ran with her music and I just listened to the beat of my feet and my thoughts.

We also ran with SiL's two friends Wendy and Shannon. Wendy won second place in the costume contest (she was a geisha) and Shannon won one of the door prizes. I'm really jealous of the latter - she got $15 off RoadID. Sweet. But as participants we all got coupons for $2 off.

So now I need to order my RoadID like I've been thinking of for months. I think it might have been one of my goals for the year too. So maybe now's the time. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to get a RoadID for a while now. It's always nice when you have a discount on something you've been meaning to get, huh?

Good job running a good race. Can't wait to see photos!