27 October 2008

Buzz Blog

Okay, so I totally haven't Buzz Blogged in months but I'm going to tonight. The tradition of this mini-conference is to meet in the hotel bar after dinner and drink and hang out. Of course there is lots of drinking involved, because, hey...that's what we do.

I normally don't drink. Tonight, I was feeling a bit...well, needy for a drink. I don't drink much unless it's a Guinness at home after a shitty day at work, but tonight I was just in the mood.

It started with one during Cribbage with 5 boys - Kenny G, Kevin, Oscar, Joey, and Skip. Oscar and I were partners and we totally kicked ass. It was great. Skip left as soon as the game was done, but to be fair he had been there for mucho longer than I had.

Then Scooter invited me over for a drink. He went to college with my older older brother so we caught up and chatted awhile. This was two drinks.

Now usually by now I'm finished. It's way past my bedtime and I really need to be awake in the morning. Three Guinness don't bother me much but three is usually my limit.

Well, Joe Jake and I start talking and Joey comes over and buys me another. Shit. This is number four. As soon as I took a sip I knew I was in trouble...total buzz night. Truly three Guinness and I'm still functional...but a fourth? Well that puts me over, so I begged Scott the bartender for a water.

OMG - the fun I had tonight. Playing cribbage with the boys was great, shooting the shit with Ball and Scooter was awesome, and connecting with Joe Jake and the others (after he supposedly went to the bathroom but never returned) was fabulous.

Don't get me wrong, I hate bars. The smoke, the drinking, the usual ogling of the opposite (or same) sex sickens me (from both sides). But this, tonight, was great. Most of the time hanging out with work people is annoying, but tonight was perfect- these guys are awesome and great folks to be around.

I'm really glad I went. Now, I just hope I wake up in time in the morning. :)

1 comment:

KJ said...

I was going to comment and then my kid came in crying, then I played with him, then I started dinner and I can't remember what I was going to say any longer. So... I'll just say hi.