12 October 2008

There he is!

How funny. J came in from talking with his sister (finally) and then sat down and watched the end of the Cowboy game with me. It was painful, the latter, I will say.

Then I made us spaghetti with ground turkey while we watched Major League. This was another of the movies we wanted to see this weekend. We got into the whole quote game during our phone conversations before I came down and so we needed to watch it.

He then asked if I had ever seen his pics from Hawaii. No, but I figured he was holding out since I hadn't gone to visit him when he lived there. So we gathered at his laptop and looked at all his photos. J really has a gift for graphic design and photography. Everything was beautiful. He also showed me his school he's going to so he can complete his bachelor degree.

Then he pulled up YouTube and said, “Who are we looking for?” We had been talking about Victor Borge earlier so we plugged it in and found a few videos.

I love Victor Borge and luckily J does now too. We were laughing our butts off during his phonetic punctuation segments – both just reading and then doing it as Dean Martin was singing. Hilarious.

Then we looked up Airplane! Clips. OMG. There's a clip of all the Johnny scenes (which are my personal favorites and truly feel they make the movie). I was laughing so hard I had tears pouring down my cheeks. J was laughing just as hard. We flipped around from Airplane to Spaceballs and finally had to quit because my gut hurts so bad.

So now, once again, I'm tired. This is really a great trip and I'm sad tomorrow is my last day. Oh well...make the best of it right?

1 comment:

Baritonality said...

Hysterical! I got the chance to see Borge in concert a short while before he died. I don't know if I've ever laughed that hard in my life.... and all his jokes were recycled from his act since 1960! He was that good.