09 October 2008

On the plane rambles

I'm on a puddle jumper now. Not totally because I've been on smaller planes byt I'm not a big fan - crowded, tight spaces and recirculated air - JOY.

Does anyone else get this feeling? I'll be sitting on a plane, completely stopped, but feel like I'm moving - especially on planes. I hate that. It's like the nausea all over again.

I checked my bag today and I hope it makes it. I have this bad feeling that I've forgotten my toothbrush. We may have to make a quick trip out tonight. What kills me is I remember setting it in its cradle this morning and then thinking, "Don't forget that!" But I think I did. I hate when i do that.

I started reading Twilight this week and finished it on my last hop. what a great book! I ordered the first book (since I borrowed Debbie's) and the second from Amazon for my collection. Hopefully they'll be at my door when I return home next week. I can't wait to continue the saga.

So there are a couple open seats in front of me and the flight attendant said we could move if we wanted. But I'm not going to do that - and here's why:

I'm a dork. I have this fear - not just of falling - but if the plane were to crash and I'm not in my seat assigned on the manifest, that my remains wouldn't be claimed and i'd be forever missing. Aren't I a dork?

So I'm excited and nervous for this last stop. There I'll get to reacquaint with my friend JWG. It's been 5 years since we last saw each other, though we've talked in between then, so this seems a little like a blind date. it's not...not completely. It's just been a long time.

So I have this irrational fear of disappointing him. I've changed since we last saw each other and I fear I treated him kind of poorly the last time we did. At the time I was really unsure of myself - who I was, what I was doing with my life, where I was headed. And here he was, swooping in, all charming and handsome. I didn't know what to do.

Kind of like I feel right now. I don't know what to do. How will we greet? Will we get along? Will this be the start of something more or just a continuation and renewal of our friendship? Or both?

He seems very calm about this whole thing. Of course his past relationships despite ending seem to have been fairly normal. Mine? Not so much. I don't know that I've had a "real" relationship since college - the one that I had in college. So I'm really not sure how to act today.

They should have a course - Dating 101 or Dating for Dummies, but I think that may have been called High School. And stupid me didn't sign up for that one - I took Advanced Chem, but dating? nope. Stupid Stupid me. Not that this is a date anyway.

Well, we're landing shortly. I'm nervous and excited. I can't wait!

No comments: