16 October 2008

Ding!

Today is National Boss Day (thanks, JB!) and so I headed to the local grocery this morning to get something for Boss1 and Boss2. I opted for a mini flower - seriously...a Mini Flower - it was palm size. It was cute. Boss1 didn't believe me when I said it was the holiday, but he liked the flower. I still feel like a putz for spending so little on him because he truly deserves so much more. I am truly blessed to be working for and with him.

But, on my way to the grocery store I'm driving along, minding my own business and suddenly I hear a "ding!" Shit. This usually means my tires are low (which they shouldn't be since they are all brand new) or something else is wrong with the car. I scanned quickly, trying to figure out what was wrong when suddenly I notice my tachometer blinking.

Damn. It's 37 degrees out. My car beeps at me when it gets below 37 so I'll be aware of possible slippery roads. Joy. It's mid-October and it's 37 (actually, it ended up down to 35 and the lady at the store said it was 31 when she woke up this morning).

I haven't turned on my heat yet. I'm really trying to hold off. Last year I didn't turn it on until December when it snowed. But I had left my window open all last weekend and even though I closed it as soon as I returned Tuesday, my apartment has not warmed up at all. I need to bake. Maybe that would help.

No comments: