16 October 2008

Focus

Vacations and time off isn't always a good thing for me. Don't get me wrong, last week was amazing and I loved every moment away from work. I totally needed that.

But now I'm trying to get back into the swing of work and I have piles of it to do. Yesterday was very unfulfilling and today was just crammed with meeting after meeting so it was hard to keep motivated on what I needed to focus on, because once I'd start on one thing something else would butt its ugly head in.

I have a huge list for tomorrow and no meetings. So I'm hoping I can get everything done. I don't want all that hanging over my head this weekend, because this weekend I need to clean and finish unpacking.

My next step in my apartment is to update my furniture. I really feel sometimes like I have a college kids dorm room...just bigger. I have the same couch since college, which while fabulous and it sucks you in, it's avocado green and the couch cover I have doesn't cover it well enough. The huge coffee table is great but it's a little big and I don't really like it, yet I do. The rest of my furniture is Target or Shopko specials - the pressed-wood-put-it-together-yourself or plastic-crates-you-should-just-use-for-filing-but-now-are-bookcases kind of furniture.

My sister has a hand-me-down TV she said she'd give me. It's 19 inches which is 6 more than I have right now. I'll admit a little larger tv would be nice, but I hate getting new stuff if what I have works fine. Of course, this isn't new and I don't have to pay for it, so maybe I should. But then I'd need to get rid of my tv because I don't need or want two tv's. One is bad enough. I'll have to think about it.

After I get my living room done I need to move on to my bedroom. If my living room is bad, my bedroom is worse. Oh...it's overwhelming. OKay...back to the original plan: unpack.

No comments: