08 October 2008

Time for a vacation

Today was a weird day. I wasn't really in the mood to be at work, but I really had to be there to get a few things done. And as a queen of procrastination I did put off a few things that didn't have to be done today until next week when I return.

I stupidly told the friend I'm visiting that I would run a 5K on Friday. But then after talking with Keith I think I'm going to have to back out. Keith said I need at least a week to let my muscles heal. He's right, as usual, so I suppose I'll back out or at the very least just walk it.

I'm really excited for my trip. But I hate packing. I'm such a horrible packer. I end up bringing along too much, the wrong stuff, things I didn't really want to wear but I thought they'd look good and then the stuff I'd rather be wearing I don't have. And this trip is going to be tough because it's a longer trip AND it's not a work trip where I have most of my wardrobe already planned. Now I have to actually figure out "outfits" for almost a week. Ugh.

So last night I went shopping and found a few things that I need but not the styles or types I wanted. All my favorite things seem to have been discontinued so I had to spend hours trying on new styles of various items to figure out what fits best and still looks okay. Frustrating.

And I have to pack running stuff because I will be back to normal this weekend and will need to do a little jogging, even if it's not a 5K (one mile, Moe, only one mile - says Keith). And then there's the toiletries and shoes (which I'm also horrible picking out) and whatever else I may or may not need.

Ugh. I'm going to need a vacation once I get done packing tonight. Good thing I'll be heading out tomorrow to do just that. Should be interesting. :)

No comments: