03 October 2008

The panic begins

I travel a lot for my job. Usually these are overnight or week long trips, but packing is super easy because we have a uniform we have to wear. After the standard undergarments needed, it's a pair of jeans, some t's (easy to pack), a sweatshirt and you're good to go.

But packing when you're running and having to run an event away from home makes things very different. I'm a picky eater, so that doesn't help, even though you are supposed to stay with what you've been eating so you don't stress your system and have some "issues" when you're on the course.

So I'm packing oodles of extra items I normally wouldn't need - moist heat pads for before the race, ice packs for after the race, ibuprofen, accelerade, endurox, etc. etc. etc. - not mention the race clothes and other clothes for after.

I hate packing for races. But I'm getting ready. I get to meet Keith tomorrow for a pre-race massage and time to talk about my future nutrition plan. Then Expo and packet pick up time, and check in at the hotel. Then I'm meeting my schlepper for a small meal (which is for another purpose but I can't put that here in case my schlepper's friend reads my blog), and then a little shopping for my trip next week...and then...rest. Rest. Rest.

My race is getting close. I'm getting excited. Soon it will be over and then I'll be moving forward with life. I just hope I finish.

No comments: