10 October 2008

Secret!

Okay, so don't tell Keith, but I ran/walked the 5K this morning. It was fun, I will say, though my knees were killing me. God bless JWG since he was willing to walk when I needed to, which was often. I actually finished in 35:03, which was surprising since I did walk a lot. I think the first mile was a little fast, though with the humidity I have no idea if I couldn't breathe because I was running too fast or because of the humidity.

After the run, JWG gave me a tour of the area, getting pulled over for a minor speeding moment which was interesting (I had him talking and distracted), and then we headed home to shower and ice my knees. We ended up napping a little bit before heading out for lunch and ice cream. They have a Baskin Robbins in town which I was so excited for, but they didn't have Daiquiri Ice so I had to settle for mint chocolate chip. Then we watched When Harry Met Sally... because JWG hadn't seen it before. That was a nice end to the afternoon because then we packed for Texas.

We drove down to Bryan, Texas, tonight because tomorrow we're going to the A&M game versus K-state. His sister works down there so this worked out really well. We ate at Whataburger, one of JWG's favorites, and continued on our way. We had a running joke, "What do you want to talk about?" the entire way down. JWG hates dead silence on long drives, while I'm okay with comfortable silences with someone I trust. So as we got on the road, I swung around in my seat to face him and said, "Soooooo, whatchya wanna talk about?" in my best valley girl voice. It triggered a laugh, luckily, and thus our conversations began. I can't even tell you what we talked about but we covered a gamut of topics. It was great.

Our original plan was to go the Midnight Yell pep rally thing but we pulled in after 11 and we were so tired that we're just going to crash. J's down checking his messages right now and I'm going to bed. Tomorrow will be fun!

No comments: