13 October 2008

Last day... I'm sad

This was a great day. J&I laid around talking till noon, finally pulling ourselves up and showering and heading out for lunch. J had some errands to run so, much to my delight, we made a list! I LOVE lists!

The afternoon was great, driving around, getting things accomplished and just being normal together (not touristy). Though we did do one touristy thing. We ate at the buffet at the racetrack, then checked out the track. We both agreed it wasn't something we would do, but it would be fun to go and watch sometime. Maybe my next trip.

After our errands, we had dinner at a Mexican place that reminded me a lot of Don Pablo's in the cities. I swear they had the same tables. It made me long to learn a bit of Mexican cooking. I'm going to have to see what I can do.

Then we went to see The Express: The Ernie Davis Story. This was a great movie which totally made me cry. I teared up a few times and at one point after I sniffled J looked over and whispered, “There she goes!” He was a doll before the movie though and got me napkins since I had forgotten my kleenex in the truck.

After the movie J had a phone call so I went and packed while he stayed outside and talked. Oh and on the way back, I found out my flight tomorrow AM is canceled and I got moved to a later one. This throws off our plans but maybe will work out ok. J's going to go to work and then come back and take me to the airport later so I can sleep in. Yeah, like I'll sleep.

But while he was chatting I packed my bag up. I hate packing. I've said that before. It's annoying, but I figured out where things would go and hopefully it'll stay that way.

J had a new wax he wanted to try to see if he could get some scratches out of his truck so he did that while I checked email quick to see if my flights had anymore updates.

I know you're thinking I should have uploaded everything then, but that would have taken a lot of time. So I just cleaned up my email and got offline.

J came up after waxing and looked at my paper for work to give me some tips. He ripped it up, but not too harshly. Maybe I'll see if he'll look at some other issues for me later. We need some help.

Now it's bedtime again. My last night here. It's kind of bitter sweet. The trip has been fantastic, but I'm not sure I'm ready to leave.

No comments: