16 October 2008

Bunco!

Tonight is my monthly Bunco game with the girls from work. JJ nominated me vice president and secretary a couple months ago since the president was out of town. So I've been organizing it lately.

It's been fun, though I found it extremely amusing when the prez stopped in a bit and we told her who may be playing and one specific name was mentioned, she practically grimaced and said, "Why is she playing?"

I had smiled and said, "Because I invited her and a few other ladies on base I noticed weren't on the list. We need more players. Having only 7 or 8 a night doesn't work well." Luckily JJ chimed in and said, "We do. It'd be great if we had 16."

Well, tonight we had 7 people (in fact, ms. prez didn't even show up). It was fun though, I will say. And if the prez, JS and the unwanted one show up we'll be able to have 3 tables at least. And three would be nice.

JJ and I have a blast. Last year when we were playing during one of our breaks she said, "Okay, ladies...of all of us here who do you think is the most competitive?" Everyone pointed at her...except for her and I because we were both pointing at me. No one realized just how competitive I am...except JJ. She and both busted out laughing and had a great time busting everyone's butt that night. It was great. :)

3 comments:

KJ said...

Sounds like fun. I don't even know what Bunco is. In Florida we had some friends who were big on card games, and we'd go over and play with around 10 other people - all under 40 - and have a blast. I haven't laughed as hard since, I don't think.

Anonymous said...

why is your avatar wearing such an awful shirt! You should know better, I am not sure my daughter should have a God Mom who would support such a place.

Go Horns!!!

Sarah said...

I had some ladies from church go to bunco games. I always wanted to know more about it, it sounds like a lot of fun! I would so rather be doing something like that then sitting at the infodesk!

Glad to hear your vacation went well! I was thinking about you the whole time wondering how it was going.

Hope you have a great weekend. Oh and I scheduled myself a massage with Keith for Tuesday later afternoon. I am SUPER excited to relax a little.