06 October 2008

On the road again

After dragging my body out of bed this morning, which was an interesting endeavor to do alone and with no body parts really functioning, I checked out of the dreaded Hilton and headed to my first appointment. I kept waiting for the lady at the desk to ask how my stay was but I think she read it on my face that it sucked. I think there's something on my receipt where I can call and I'm thinking I just might. I can understand to save energy and conservation and all to not have the refrigerator or microwave, but to have to pay an additional charge for Internet? Hell, Super 8 gives you free Internet and a free continental breakfast and for about a quarter of the cost!

Anyway, as I did last year I had to go to MINI to get my car serviced. Last year was a fluke because my power steering went out the morning of the race, but this year I had planned this. I needed an inspection and new tires and apparently a new fan for my power steering which they didn't replace last year.

Debbie graciously picked me up and took me to Perkins for breakfast. YAY! A real breakfast! I had eggs, bacon, fruit and toast. mmmm it was so good. Debbie also loaned me Twilight so I could start reading that series. I'll admit that I was able to get fairly far into it during the rest of my wait at MINI and will probably be on my purchase list once I find money to do so after this trip.

Driving home was interesting. Let me just say to all you potential marathoners. Jeans are a good thing to wear when driving and you can barely move your legs. The leg endings are really good for using as a lift to move your legs where you want them.

So now I'm home and not unpacked. I have a uniform at work so I'm just going to change there tomorrow so I can leave work early and run some errands. I have to start planning for my next trip which begins Thursday. :) I get to visit a friend down south whom I haven't seen in 5 years. I'm really excited. Hopefully I can walk by then.

1 comment:

KJ said...

Here's to hoping your body works by Thursday. =)