08 March 2008

List 8

Some of my favorite quotes from the movie Working Girl:

1) Whaddya need speech class for, ya talk fine! (pronounced foine)

2) It needs some bows or somethin'.

3) Six thousand dollars? It's not even leather! (pronounced "letha")

4) Valium...in the convenient economy size.

Of course those are all Cyn's lines but they are just perfect. I know it's cheesy but I really do like this movie. Joan Cusack is awesome, Harrison Ford is freakin' attractive, and although Melanie Griffith is somewhat annoying her ability to take charge of her life and step forward makes me feel all giddy.

The other line is Tess' "If you want to be taken seriously, you need serious hair." Maybe that's my problem. I'm 32 with a 12-yr-old's hair cut. I want bangs but I don't want to have to pull the back and pin them every day. I thought about short bangs but all that comes to my head is Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I don't know. That's not bad...think I could pull it off?

Or should I go for something completely shorter everywhere...not like the famous Halle Berry cut (though I did love that and wish I could do that - but my hair doesn't have natural curl - do you know how many times I was told that?).. but maybe something like Jennifer Aniston's when she had shorter lengthed hair?

Yes, I'm back on the "I need new hair" kick. I hate paying for it but I may just have to. This make-shift bun for work and pony-tails or a pathetic braid are getting old.

No comments: