25 March 2008

List 25

I don't know why it took me this long to remember that I have this book, but man I wish I would have found it at the beginning of the month. Years ago Tre gave me a book called List Your Self. I've written in it once - back in 2004 when I had a momentary relapse in judgment. Reading some of my answers now just make me laugh.

But tonight I thought I'd randomly pick a page to fill out here, since it is the month of lists. Tonight's list: List all the things you've lent that have come back broken.

I can only think of one thing. One summer while I was at sem, I had loaned J. my tape (yes, VHS tape) that had 3 awesome movies on it back to back: Caddyshack, Caddyshack2, and Hamburger: the Motion Picture. (yes, we all know I'm a dork - let it go.) I loved this tape. I could put it in any Saturday or Sunday afternoon and clean the house, do homework, bake, or even sit and watch the movies and I loved every minute. It was the best.

But like I said, I had loaned it to J. to watch because he hadn't seen Hamburger and this is an awesome movie for anyone who's ever worked in a fast food restaurant. Well, I didn't get it back, I didn't get it back, and finally I asked if I was going to get it back. I had a hankering for a Hamburger weekend and I had it bad.

Well, J. returned it, but when I went to play it Hamburger had been taped over with... Friends. Now, normally I wouldn't have cared since I do love Friends ever so much, but you can't find Hamburger anywhere. I had taped it off HBO back in the day and I couldn't find it.

Needless to say, I was pissed. I think this was the one time I really got mad. I don't normally get mad - ask anyone. I get annoyed and occasionally vent, but I don't get mad. But this time...whooo...I was not a happy camper. It's sad to say that this was all over a movie, but at the time it was a big deal.

Well, J. made it up to me. He went on eBay and searched and found a VHS copy of Hamburger to replace my copy. That was nice of him and I did thank him. I just wish it hadn't been needed.

And I don't usually loan things out anymore. It makes me nervous, but I am trying.

1 comment:

KJ said...

Very cool that he found you another copy. I've never seen it. Can I borrow it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Just kidding.