04 March 2008

List 4

Books I should be reading (they are scattered all over my apartment just waiting for me.)

1) Dreams of My Father, by Barack Obama. I borrowed this from JB eons ago. Must read!

2) The Complete Book of Running for Women, by Claire Kowalchik.

3) A Feast For Crows, by George RR Martin. I need to finish this part of the series since A Dance with Dragons comes out this fall. YAY! Of course the paperback won't probably come out for another year so I may have some extra time on this one. And yes, I have to wait for the paperback because I'm just that weird. It's a long story. I have blogged about it before but I don't want to search to find it here. You'll just have to trust me on this.

4) Emma, by Jane Austen. I've been reading this off and on for about 3 months. Not a big deal, I just want to get back to Pride and Prejudice again. Not that I couldn't just put Emma away but I can't just yet.

5) How Full Is Your Bucket? by Tom Rath and Donald O Clifton PhD. I've been skimming this again with an idea in progress for work. No more details yet...still working those out. Not sure if it's worth the effort but I think it'd be nice.

6) The Non-Runner's Marathon Guide for Women: Get Off Your Butt and On with Your Training, by Dawn Dais. This one should be number 2 on this list...actually number 1 because I'm so behind on my marathon training. I just haven't been in the mood to run at all. what is wrong with me?

7) Run Less, Run Faster by Bill Pierce, Scott Muir, and Ray Moss. Runner's World book.

8-13) The Soprano Wore Falsettos, by Mark Schweizer. But to do that I need to start that series over again and start with The Alto Wore Tweed, then The Baritone Wore Chiffon and The Tenor Wore Tapshoes. And then I'd need to continue with The Bass Wore Scales and then The Mezzo Wore Mink. Maybe those should wait for this summer.

14) Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips by Kris Carr. I really need to read this because...well, I'm getting old or something. Two people I know personally have recently been diagnosed with cancer (of differing kinds) and Debbie's friend has also been diagnosed. It sucks. Cancer sucks.

So that's my reading list so far. I'm done with my main CBT's so you'd think I'd be reading but I'm not. I also need to be knitting. I haven't done that in over a week. My second PIF is patiently awaiting me to finish it. Soon, oh project, soon.

No comments: