09 March 2008

List 9

This is something I've never done. Bloggers seem to have the standard "100 things about me" post. Well, I've been working on my for about three years and I have more than 100 items right now. I decided that I'm going to post a few at a time here (for my lists) and then you all can really see what a freak I am...I know some of you are really wanting to know.

These will be in no particular order, just random thoughts I had as I wrote them down. Here are 1-25:

  1. I’m a natural redhead – well auburn at least, though people swear it is just brown. The bright red hair of my youth has finally faded out and I’ve never dyed my hair.
  2. When I was in kindergarten my mother made me get perm (my first of many perm disasters). I seriously had a fro. They called me Annie. I hated it. It didn't help when the movie came out either.
  3. I love strawberries.
  4. I collect Trixie Belden books – like Nancy Drew, but better.
  5. I also have the Great Brain series – if you’ve never heard of it, look it up. It’s great.
  6. I read magazines backwards. I actually start at the end of the magazine and work my way forward. I then dog-ear the pages of articles I want to reread until I’ve gotten all the way to the front. Then I start all over. (No wonder it takes me forever to read them!)
  7. Pistachios are evil, but I love them.
  8. I own a Mini Cooper. His name is Morty.
  9. I reread books because I love the storylines and because I tend to read too quickly and I miss parts of the plot line – and rather go back and try to find it the first time around, I finish the book so I know what happens and then read it again.
  10. Every year at Christmas I read “It” by Stephen King – not the whimpy paperback but the big ass hard cover I’ve had since, well, forever.
  11. I have never read Kirkegaard or Bonhoffer, though I’m told I should.
  12. I had never heard of #11 until I went to LS.
  13. I began knitting when I was 26, I think, and have been doing it since. Yet, I still can only do basic knitting – purl, knit, maybe a yarn over, or a knit together, but that’s it.
  14. I wear a green army-like bracelet my brother made me with parachute rope when he was on leave from Kuwait. I’ve had it on for almost 5 years and won’t take it off until this Iraq thing is done or until it falls off, whichever comes first.
  15. I have a spinning ring with my name in Arabic I bought when I was in Turkey. I would have preferred it to be in Hebrew but they didn’t know what Hebrew was.
  16. To truly wake up and be alert in the morning, I must shower.
  17. I think I’m a workaholic.
  18. I have 3 adorable nieces.
  19. I have 5 fabulous nephews.
  20. Patterns weird me out – for example: my sister married someone 2 years younger; my oldest brother married someone 2 years older; my younger older brother married someone 6 years younger…does this mean I’ll marry someone 6 years older? Or since he married someone 1 year younger than me will my husband be 1 year younger or older than him?
  21. Cats make me sneeze and my eyes itch (if I touch my eye) but I still love to cuddle and pet one.
  22. I would rather have a puppy I could cuddle with, it’s just too bad they are so high maintenance
  23. If I ever have a cat or dog I will refuse to talk to it in a baby voice.
  24. I have successfully kept a plant alive for 3 years (I have a black thumb and usually kill them). I'm surprised it still is alive. I'm waiting for it to die.
  25. I know all the lines to “My Blue Heaven.
To be continued...

No comments: