06 March 2008

My job is awesome

My funny thought at the end of the day when I noticed it was three minutes to quitting time.

"Oh shit, I actually have to go home today, don't I?"

Yeah, this was my actual thought (well, to be honest - I did say it out loud and neither of my bosses were anywhere near my office.)

My day was awesome. I got a bunch of work done this morning, got only mildly irritated with one person and it's now become this big joke - which still continues and occasionally starts to grate again, but then I laugh it off because it's so ridiculous that the situation is even an issue that I have to laugh, and then started planning a VIP visit.

I'm really stoked about the latter. I get to use my so-called event planning skills to put together this visit. It's been a lot of fun. I'm delegating and trying to figure out the schedule. It's been fun. But the end of the day came way too quickly.

Last night I stayed until 7:15 or 7:30 (It all blends together after 6) cleaning out my emails. I didn't finish but I made a helluva dent, deleting over 500. Today I cleaned up another 200. I have a ways to go, especially since I'm a pack rat and save everything AND I'm just not sure what I'm allowed to lose and what I have to keep via regulations. But I'm feeling less...well, full.

So yes, my job is awesome. My tummy hurts from laughing so hard this afternoon. I'm excited to go back tomorrow. My only sadness is that tomorrow is Friday and I'll have another three days before I can go back (legitimately).

No comments: