23 March 2008

List 23 - Happy Easter!

Today is one of my favorite holy days of the year. I think in order they'd maybe be:
  1. Epiphany
  2. Easter
  3. Good Friday
  4. Christmas
  5. Pentecost
  6. Advent as a whole
  7. My baptismal day. :)
Anyway, today is great...it starts out early with sunrise services shouting Christ Is Risen! and Alleluia! over and over again. Then there are the great hymns. A lot of churches bring out the brass this day - nothing says a miracle has happened with a man rising from the dead than a brass choir, in my book.

Today was fun. I've been running on 5 hours of sleep all day (added to the fact I was actually awake all day yesterday even after running the 5K) having made it to the sunrise service at the church I frequent, then zipping up to my brother's for church with his family at the Touchdown Jesus church. (Cinda - do you know that one? Erica was here for awhile before she got married and moved south.)

The rest of the day was spent with my niece and nephew, playing random games, coloring a lot of pictures, tasting and sampling a lot of pie and feeling awful when leaving.

It's so hard to leave. If the kids would both take naps we could sneak out then, but that doesn't work since the nephew doesn't nap anymore. And by the time we are getting ready to go the boy comes up with another idea for us to do. I don't see him near enough so it's hard to tell him no. I really need to make a better effort to get up there and see the kids.

But now, I'm tired. So I'm eating popcorn and watching The Sound of Music. Then I'm going to go to bed. *yawn*

I hope you all had a happy Easter. Christ is risen!

No comments: