10 March 2008

List 10

100 things about me continued...
26-49.
  • I like to send people flowers for no reason.

  • That said, I wish people would send me flowers sometimes. Just not super smelly ones. They give me a headache.

  • I like pink roses and white daisies but am happy to receive anything – except super smelly ones.

  • In college my friend Tre and I had a secret code to describe people. This code drove people nuts, especially when we’d say, “Oh Tim, you’re such a 3!” with no explanation as to what a 3 meant. But we knew. Ah yes, we knew. With this code there was ONE, and only ever will be ONE, 14.

  • I think this makes us arithmomaniacs.

  • I don’t like eating ribs because they make my hands get icky. I’m generally not a fan of messy eating.

  • BUT I will eat wingy, only because it makes me think of fond memories with K&E, aka ellipsis boy.

  • And I love edamame! (also thanks to K&E)

  • In college, Tre and I once faked a MAJOR fight in front of our friends. Many thought we were drunk. In fact, we were both completely sober, staged the whole thing, then feigned innocence and blamed our friend's drunkenness that they would think such a stupid thing.

  • The first and only time I got pass-out, throw-up drunk was Dec. 3, 1994. I did it matching shots with Dan after eating my famous meatloaf for supper at Ernie’s and Bean’s. That was an interesting night. I also made it to 4 that night...but that's another story.

  • My father died when I was 19. I still miss him.

  • I have been a member of the Air National Guard since 1996. I am now a Master Sgt.

  • I love driving on long car trips. As long as I have Ella in the car, and other music, I can drive forever.

  • I am way too romantic. I want to be wooed.

  • My sister is very dear to me but for many years we barely spoke. In fact, at one point I thought she hated me. We’re finally at a stage where we can hang out and not annoy one another. I'm sure it's an age difference thing, and I'm glad we've gotten beyond that.

  • I’m a pack rat in so many ways. I hate to throw away my old papers, books, gifts. I have boxes in my storage I haven’t opened since I moved. I don’t even know what is in some of them. (I also have empty boxes in my storage that I save just in case.) I save many, many more emails than I would need to. I have them filed in folders in my email accounts.

  • I used to have at least 7 email accounts I checked each day, 5 for work. Now, I have only 4. I'm getting better, no?

  • Once I felt an instant connection with a man, a connection like you see in the movies. It would have been great…but he was already involved with someone. I wonder if I’ll ever feel that way again.

  • Sometimes I feel like I have no depth, that I am just a shallow person with no life outside of work.

  • I long for more responsibility yet I fear it at the same time.

  • I fear failure.

  • I have a fear of falling. Not heights…falling.

  • My drink of choice: Captain Morgan and Diet Coke with Splenda.

  • I have a strong faith in God, am baptized and practice ELCA Lutheran, but I love the traditions of some other denominations.


to be continued...

1 comment:

KJ said...

The list thing is fun. Interesting, when its someone you read and sort of "know", but get to find out more about. I love the code - that's funny. =)