19 March 2008

Bad habit forming

Yesterday I took a different route to work since I had ample time to get there. Waking at 3:18 am and getting up at 4:30 allows for extra time for experimentation.

On this 'new' route I discovered a handy-dandy Starbucks around the corner. I'm not normally a Starbucks fan but since I was up at the butt-crack of dawn yesterday I thought a chai would be helpful to keep me going.

This morning, because of my short night the night before, I overslept (I slept extremely well, thus oversleeping) and was extremely tired. I learned in college that I could pull an all or late nighter but the day that would kill me would be the day after - not the immediate next morning of the late nighter, but the next day. (i.e. late night Wednesday, Thursday can keep going, but Friday would be tiresome.) I'm not sure why I needed to explain that but just be thankful I didn't draw a diagram to go with it.

Anyway, today was my "Friday" per the example above, so I thought a chai might be needed again. This is not a good habit to start. A, it's expensive; B, it's not needed; and C, stupid people use the drive-thru for multiple drinks when they would be better off for everyone involved if they would just go inside.

So, I'm heading to bed now to try to sleep and awaken at a decent time because I have a lot to catch up on tomorrow. Tuesday was shot with the VIP guest and today was a mess since I was exhausted and couldn't focus worth a crap. Tomorrow I have to get a lot done. Cross your fingers for me!

4 comments:

Baritonality said...

Ah, maybe that's been MY problem. I've never noticed a pattern before. I'll check that out.
I hope you got a ton of sleep last night.

Anonymous said...

Wah 3:18a.m.??? That's before I even go to bed! I'm a total night owl.

Those drinks are addictive! I stay away from them as best as I could.

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

I have the same schedule. I will be fine the day after, but the following day will kill me. I thought I was strange, maybe not, might just be as strange as you and you're good company.
As far as the Starbucks goes. I am envious and would whole heartedly dive into the bad, expensive habit because I love Starbucks and when I lived in the Cities, I had one everyday and I was definitely on a budget that said I couldn't afford it and I did it anyway. Now I'm employed and can afford it and it's 90 miles away. So, you will have to fight that battle on your own.

KJ said...

LOL. Thank you for not including a diagram. ;-)

I just emailed you but just have to say here that YOU ARE THE MOST WONDERFUL PERSON IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!