18 March 2008

Same story, new tune

I Love My Job!

Yeah, yeah. I know you all are sooooo tired of hearing about this but I really do. Today was no exception. Actually, today was an exception because it was an exceptional day.

We had a VIP guest today and this one was awesome. In our organization there's always some skeptical feelings about bigwigs - are they snobby? do they actually care? will they listen? This guy broke all those thoughts.

Not only was he not snobby, but he was so down-to-earth it made the day phenomenal. He actually listened to the questions and concerns from my co-workers, asked pertinent questions of others he met, and made promises to look into issues we asked about. And if he's anything like he was the last trip, he'll have started working on those tonight and we'll start getting emails this week.

I got to hang out with his aide all day which was a lot of fun. It by no means was a perfect visit - plane problems, luggage problems, scheduling shifts (leading to a very late lunch - but so worth the time), and a sped up version of everything we had planned. But we took it all in stride and kept laughing our way through.

We really kept it clipping along. I had worked with the aide over the last week, setting up the meetings and tour, arranging and setting up lunch and attendees, and rolling with all the punches. Boss1 came in today after traveling all last week and everything was set up ready to go. We picked them up, headed to lunch, went on the tour, went to briefings and back to the airport - all in the space of 3-hours. It was great.

I have so many emotions right now, that I'm not sure how to state them all. Plus I'm not sure all that I can state - security issues and all. I got a thank you gift from the bigwig and I really want to show it here but I have to check if I can or not first. It's really awesome and I'll treasure it forever.

Sooooo let me just say - today was freaking awesome and proof once again why I totally love my job. Despite waking at 3:20 this morning, I'm still so ecstatic about today. So I'm going to have the Guinness that I had intended to drink yesterday and downshift. It's going to take a little bit though... *sigh* :)

No comments: