20 March 2008

List 20 - Roller Coaster

It has been an up and down sort of day. Very strange.

Up: I woke up feeling refreshed and didn't even need to snooze past 5:30 a.m.
Down: I did make my Starbucks run this morning because I just wasn't feeling all that happy to be going to work.
Up: No line at Starbucks and the lady loved my car, which always makes me happy.
Down: My to-do list at work was insanely long and I had no motivation to do any of it because Boss1 - the energy giver in the office - was out sick.
Up: Working with Mungie Boy on a presentation
Down: Totally screwing up a photoshop attempt - I really need to take a class on this.
Up and Down: A very intense conversation with Boss2 about 3 different topics which were good to have but very stressful.
Up: Popcorn for supper, again.
Middle: Maundy Thursday service.

Okay...need to expound a bit here. It's Holy Week here in Lutheran land and tonight's service is always deep. BigO talked tonight about the other words surrounding the story - not the verba - but the disciples question after Jesus said one of them would betray Him, "Is it I, Lord?" Like BigO said, shouldn't they have known? But then again, who really does know what they are going to do in an hour, or next week, or next month. We all are sinners, and we will sin, but do we know how we are going to sin? Maybe, maybe not.

But despite that - despite that we are going to sin and Jesus knows this - He still invites us to the table. He still invites us to be saved. And that, my friends, is the Gospel.

And my final Up of the night - Thank you, Kat, for those awesomely sweet words. You made my night. :)

No comments: