27 March 2008

List 27 - Post-it List Envy

The end of the work day came quickly today, again, and yet it seemed to drag at times. Boss1 and I were catching up on things toward the end of the day and he starts shaking his head.

"Moe, I started this week with a list of six things I had to get done by the end of the week. Do you know how many I've completed?"

"I'm guessing not many from the look of dismay on your face."

"Not.A.One. Many are started and in progress, but I haven't been able to cross off a single one yet."

"I totally understand, sir. I have a huge list for this week and I think I was finally able to cross of two of them today."

*Collective sigh* from both of us.

He and I have similar traits in the workplace. Besides the list thing we're both addicted to post-its. Usually he writes down what he needs to do on a post-it and then once he's finished he chucks it in the recycling bin. I do the same thing, except it takes me longer to complete mine so they end up sticking all over my desk. A few weeks ago one of my co-workers stopped by while I was gone and he left a sticky on my computer screen (!) that said, "Do you think you have enough post-its?"

There were 17.

No comments: