22 March 2008

List 22 - God bless gift cards

A few weeks ago ericjay was lamenting all his gift cards he had received because many don't work for him anymore - they've expired or the company has had problems, yada yada yada.

Well, tonight Tre and I hung out at B&N and I decided to utilize my GC's instead of letting them go into that commerical world of death (i.e. not using them before either they start losing money or you lose them in general, which has happened to me many times during moves). I had a $32 one from last year's b-day and then a $25 one from K&R when I watched their kids one night last summer. Ah, this was good.

I ended up whittling my choices down to four books (like I need more books): Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman, Blaze; Barbara Brown Taylor, Leaving Church: A Memoir of Faith; Bill Bryson, Notes from a Small Island; and Bill Bryson, The Life and Times of the the Thunderbolt Kid: A Memoir.

I had several more in my hand which I opted to wait on but I did pick up a little hard cover Easter story for my niece and nephew to share. All this with my B&N membership discount came to a grand total of...

$57.98

And there was much rejoicing. I paid 98 cents out of pocket for 4 1/2 books. How awesome is that?

Of course this just adds to my already long book list which I had shortened down. Oh and slight note on that - I have read of the liturgical mysteries: Alto, Baritone and Tenor. I'm now on to the Soprano version. It's good to read these all in a row, I'm learning. The stories do pick up off of the others.

Anyway, I'd stay up and read now but I must sleep for tomorrow AM comes early with Jesus rising and the Easter bunny laying eggs.

No comments: