13 March 2008

List 13

I'm super tired today so you're getting the next installment of 100 things about me - it's been extended - the super deluxe director's cut version. Enjoy.

101-125...
  • I once thought about becoming an architect after a drafting class in high school.

  • I learned how to type when I was 8.

  • I used to memorize the line we were testing on in my HS typing class (yes, I'm old enough to have actually taken a real typing class – with typewriters and everything!) and then I'd just focus on typing it.

  • I still do typing tests for fun.

  • I took Adv. Chem in high school with 2 other people. We made a hovercraft out of a board, canister vacuum/blower, plastic and duct tape (it’s the cure all!). And it worked.

  • In college I started off on the wrong foot with the dean by insisting that I take Algebra&Trig versus College Algebra. (5 credit course vs. the 3 credit course – I got a B). He didn't want me to take it because I “didn't need the credits.” It didn't matter to him that I wanted to be challenged.

  • I continued to buck the system by insisting on taking Philosophy and numerous history courses and working toward a drama minor. I was constantly told to not waste my time with the ‘extra’ courses as they wouldn’t help me when I was teaching string lessons at some small school in Michigan (a myth they continued to teach us).

  • I dream in color and vividly.

  • I love playing with a guy’s hair. I love it more when he plays with mine, esp. on the back of my neck.

  • I love the smell of fresh grass, gasoline (not a lot of it), fresh snow, rain, popcorn, cookies baking, sawdust and sweat, smoke (cigar, fireplace, occ. even cigarette), clean skin, and other stuff.

  • I’m a procrastinator. And indecisive – but only when it comes to my own stuff.

  • I hate it when people won’t make decisions. (That includes occasionally hating myself.)

  • I once dressed up as the Mirror from Snow White for Halloween. No one knew who I was.

  • I have a hard time articulating aloud what I feel or what I want – I am much better on paper this way.

  • This list was really hard to do until I decided not to stick to just the 100 items.

  • I have been friends with Tre since the first day or so of college. She came to my room to get my number to figure out Gail’s number next door and ended up staying for 3 hours talking. Instant click. We have been close ever since.

  • I love to kiss, even just for fun, though it is best with someone you care about. :)

  • I love toy stores like this one.

  • I like to go into expensive stores of distinction and pet the clothes. Feel me up clothes are my favorite.

  • I have very dry skin and am often applying lotion or lip balm.

  • I own hundreds of CD’s but a lot of my favorite music is still on cassette.

  • My first introduction to Bill Cosby’s comedy was via 8-track.

  • When I was very young, I traded my oldest older brother two 8-tracks for my blanket. When I tried to trade back I discovered he had thrown it away and it had all been a ploy for me to be rid of my blankie. I still own both 8-tracks (the aforementioned Bill Cosby and the original Broadway cast of Grease – Lord, help).

  • I chew gum when I’m getting a massage because I hate having bad breath when I get up.

  • I like to think I’m wise with my money but lately I’ve been feeling like I’m not.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be back to normal...sleep and running would help.

No comments: