15 March 2008

Remember the Sabbath

Maybe God rested on Saturday, not Sunday. And God started building the world on Sunday. Hmmm...At least in my world it feels that way. It seems my Saturday's are the days I do nothing. I sleep late, I read, I knit, I watch movies...but doing actual errands or work - nada.

Not that this is a bad thing. With the 3-day weekends I still have two days to complete my weekend tasks (as long as I don't stretch the Sabbath into a 2-day event) so vegging for one day is okay in my book. Though, I should have ran today. I really should have dragged my ass out to the trail and ran.

There's really only one reason for this - I'm running the St. Patty's 5K on Monday. The bad thing is that at last count there were less than a dozen signed up (they didn't open up registration until Thursday this week) and I'm feeling heavy and slow so I know I'll finish DAL. Not a good thing. The other bad thing is that I haven't been running much lately. I'm not afraid that I won't finish. I have enough determination and stubbornness to complete the run, I think I proved that with the marathon, but it won't be pretty. For that reason alone I wish it would be a packed crowd. But I suppose since it's an actual workday for most of the world that's why it's not as busy. We'll see.

So tomorrow I must run. It's Palm Sunday so I'll do the church thang, then head out for a good run. I have to pick up my packet with my bib and chip and maybe run some errands. And I have to prepare for our VIP visit that's coming faster than I would like.

Tomorrow should be a good day. After all, it's a brand new week.

No comments: