11 March 2008

List 11

...continuing...50-75 (I messed up yesterday by only going through 49)
  • I’m addicted to Friends and CSI and Prison Break.

  • I love watching and re-watching movies.

  • Unless challenged, I prefer to drink everything cold with a straw. Seriously. Sometimes even warm things – like soup.

  • I hate having my dinner paid for by someone else. Either I need to pay or we all go Dutch. I’m weird, I know, but I feel really weird about people, especially my friends, buying me food. (I’m working on this.)

  • I love Halloween and Christmas – my two favorite decorating holidays.

  • I hate celebrating my birthday in public – i.e. public displays of celebration. Small private celebrations are okay, but I can even do without those. But then again, if you read this blog you already know that.

  • I hate when people challenge my hatred of it. Just let it go, people. This is my issue, not yours and you’re pissing me off by asking about it.

  • To aid in aging, I actually celebrate turning the next year of age on New Year’s instead of on the actual date. It makes the transition over the next four months go smoothly and if I’m lucky I actually get to kiss a boy on my ‘birthday’ (this has really only worked a couple times).

  • I celebrated my actual 22nd by shooting an M-16 for the first time. I have also shot a .38; a .45; and a .44 Magnum (it shoots through schools).

  • I know all the lines to the movie which has the line “It shoots through schools” in it.

  • I prefer to celebrate my baptismal day – May 11, 1975.

  • I love organization, I just can’t seem to get it done.

  • I like being outdoors, I just don’t have a big desire to sleep outdoors (i.e. camping). Not that I can't, I'd have to be properly motivated and with someone I really cared about to do it. :)

  • I save all my change, except quarters (laundry money!). Then I cash it in at the end of the year, either for a trip or to help buy Christmas presents.

  • I love buying and giving presents. Did I mention that yet?

  • I am a Harry Potter fan, and not afraid to admit it.

  • I played the clarinet in my youth and miss it now. I also miss playing the flute and I'd actually like to take that up again to get better.

  • I took 5 years of piano and quit so I could be the student manager of the HS girls basketball team. I was told I would regret it. I thought they were kidding, until I went to college and majored in music. Then I regretted quitting more than ever.

  • I thrive on stress, but I hate being stressed.

  • I bite my fingernails, but I’m trying to quit.

  • I paint my toenails – light blue or light purple.

  • I wore white cotton underwear until I went to seminary. Then I went to colors, but still cotton.

  • I hate mushrooms.

  • I’m not a fan of slimey food either – so raw fish = icky. Though I'm working on that too.

  • I just tried sushi for the first time ever most recently. It was okay; it's growing on me. I survived which was key and edamame helped me through.

  • I love taking hot bubble-baths or long hot showers.
to be continued...again...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! your lists make me think of things that I like to do or want to learn more about. I too want to start playing the flute again. I also want to improve my spanish. And I like mushrooms. See? These lists are catchy!
karen

Sarah said...

you like sushi? We were just at a new restaurant called Tokyo which is over by Panera Bread. It was really good! I was okay with sushi and when we at there I kind of fell in love. We will have to go sometime.