23 May 2008

Voices 23

Ah, there's nothing sweeter than a child's cry. I've been hearing it a lot more today. Nika isn't happy and I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I think we screwed the poor child up yesterday. K had given Nika the 1 am feeding Thursday AM, E the 5am and then somehow I ended up with the rest for yesterday.

It was just luck of the draw, really. I got up at 9 and hadn't had a chance to hold her yet so I fed Nika while K caught up on a few things. I was going to have E do the 1pm feeding. We had a plan that he'd run for 20 minutes while I kept her occupied and then he'd feed her and then we'd go to lunch. Well, Nika did not like that idea so I fed her at 12:55 and let E finish running and showering. By the time he was done, so was she and then we all went to Applebees for lunch. The 5:30 feeding I ended up with too, just by sheer coincidence that I happened to have her in my arms at the time. And the same with the 9pm one.

So for the whole day Nika had very little mommy time...which messed up her night and I think she's still trying to readjust today. And now I'm babysitting so K&E could have a date night. She's been really fussy since they left...I'm not sure if she was hungry or crabby because her diaper's wet or constipated since she hasn't pooped yet today. I don't know. I get the 1 am feeding so it should be fun.

Plus...I'm really scared I gave her whatever remnants I may have left from my cold. :( God, I hope not. That would make me feel like a total heel.

But I'm loving this vacation. This is what I like - hanging out with my urban family, staining decks, relaxing and not really thinking about work at all (I did call in today to check on things - I've been worried). It has been really good.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is so great that you are having such a wonderful vacation!

Yay for babies and taking care of them. I sure you have been doing an awesome job and being such a great help.

Hope the rests of your vacation is just as wonderful.