22 May 2008

Ketchup

So this week has been crazy busy, but I've been loving every minute. Monday and Tuesday were basically holing me up either in my house or at work trying to get things accomplished before my vacay. Boss1 seemed to think I'd be gone all week, but alas, no...just most of it and when I was there I was entrenched in finishing up projects and things before my trip.

Yesterday was beautiful and I spent most of it in a car, sadly. But happily my Mini led me to K&E were I get to spend some awesome time with them, hanging out, playing with Nika and staining a deck (yeah, JB, we aren't building one this time so I won't be able to help you. hahaha).

This is such a great break for me. I totally needed to get out of that other state. Granted I love where I live, and I love my job, and I love that I'm so close to most of my family...but K&E are my urban family. These are the people I lean on. They love me because they want to, not because it's a requirement by the birthing gods. It's an awesome relationship. I'm so lucky.

And getting to spend time with Nika just one-on-one has been fabulous. We're totally bonding and I think we're going to have a great relationship.

I'm getting all choked up now so I better go. I'm a sap, you know, and the late hours and lack of caffeine today aren't helping. :)

No comments: