03 September 2008

Fall is here

It seems early, but I think fall has arrived. Of course I love this weather...the cool, crisp temps; the changing of the foliage; apples and harvests; and it's time to start baking again. YAY!

I finally have shut down my A/C. I'm really excited about this because I'm so sick of paying extra for that. I have fans and keep my windows open and it's actually chilly in my apartment right now - which just adds to my happiness since I can curl up in my blankets and drink hot chocolate without being seen as an oddity (like when I do this in July).

Plus, it's time to start knitting again. I have 2 PIFs to start, finish and mail before November when the PIF project should come around again. I'm excited though I never did receive anything from the one I signed up with last year. I'm bound and determined not to let my folks down. I did complete two of them and randomly drew names to send them off (the last one last week). So I have two more to go. I'm excited to start them, but that will have to wait a week.

I have to finish CBTs - and no, SJ, the meaninglessness doesn't end. But once I finish those I can totally start knitting again. I can't wait! And it's Apple Pie weather! And cookie weather! And pumpkin pie weather (which I need to learn to make)! I love this time of year!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for Fall. I usually don't like Fall but for some reason this year I am really excited for the leaves changing and sweatshirt weather. Maybe it's because I'm really looking forward to getting this year done and a certain baby.

KJ said...

Crisp? Cool? I'm jealous.
Catching up here, it has been soooo long! In laws just left yesterday and I feel like I can think again!