16 September 2008

A lot of thoughts today

So I spent a lot of time thinking today. It's been a really weird day.

First this morning:
Okay, so I'm writing this at 7:48 am today. I'll have to post this later because I don't get the real internet at work.

Anyway...I just have to vent because, according to weather.com, it's a balmy 46 degrees outside right now. Yeah, a bit nippy for a Tuesday morning. I was chilly on the way to work with my window down getting the fresh air. It's a nice fresh air, brisk and clean...a great way to wake up.

But just a moment ago, the Air Conditioner in my building kicked on.

Yes, I said Air Conditioner. Hello! It's 46 degrees out! We don't need the AC going. And I really don't need it because the vent shoots right down on me so I'll be freezing the rest of the morning. And I'm usually cold anyway because I don't have the best circulation in my body. This is not good. And people wonder why I wear long sleeves all year long...sheesh.

Then later this afternoon:
I'm trying to be very poignant this month about my shopping and spending habits - only buying what I really need or can really use, not gifts for everyone else that I can't afford right now. So I'm sticking with gas, food, and necessities (for the most part - I've had 2 extra purchases so far: a skirt and new water bottles which are awesome). So far I'm doing pretty well. I did buy my plane tickets so that raised my CC balance but I'm paying that part off this week so I can keep a better count of what I buy this month. I had a doctor's appointment and I'll have some drugs to buy toward the end, but overall it should be pretty low.

I desperately need this because my CC bills have been getting pretty high. I'm working on it though. Less buying, more giving! That's a good goal. I will say it's been helping my eating because I haven't eaten fast food since September 2 when Mom and I went to Arby's. Otherwise I've been eating at home or the one time with Keith to D'Amico's. That's a big change for me too. Healthier and cheaper in the long run. Very essential.

I'm becoming a bigger geek than I thought I was, but if it helps my pocketbook, I don't care.

And now?
I'm just tired. Mom and I went to see the stage version of Chicago which was really good. It was, as my father would say, "Like, yet different" from the movie version. I'm not sure which I liked better. There were a few songs tonight that could have slowed down while others really could have sped up or been cut all together. But truly it was nice.

And the shocker - this was the "culture" for some of the people in town. Well, at least it's something other than sports.

Now...on to bed.

No comments: