07 September 2008

$5 Day 7

I had penne pasta and sauce last night for supper so I had the leftovers today. I really am a leftover kind of gal...what does that say for me?

hmm...well, let's not get too introspective today.

Basically the pasta was whatever I had had left in the box which cost $1.87 (on sale!), and I know I've made pasta at least 4 times from that box. So that's 47 cents for the pot, and since I had half today, that's about 24 cents. We'll say a quarter to be nice.

Then the sauce was probably about the same for the jar, and same cost so that's another quarter. Throw in a pinch of cheese - we'll call it another quarter, and lunch cost me 75 cents. I could add in the rest of my Diet Coke I had left over and we'll call it an even buck. How's that for a meal?

Sheesh, I'm starting to seem like Bob from my previous job.

No comments: