25 September 2008

Time to purge

It's Discardia time again.

This is a very good thing, especially for people like me who seem to collect more papers and things than they should.

One of my great collector's items seems to be Email messages. This is so not a good thing. I have hundred's in my inbox at work. I'm never quite sure what to delete, or I get distracted by other tasks and don't get them deleted and soon more emails pile up on top of those I could delete and I don't see them anymore.

Until today. I finished one project I had to complete today and then I started deleting. I spent most of the day going through my inbox and ended up deleting 1,655 unneeded messages.

Yes, I wrote 1,655. This is just the first go through, though. I'm hoping to go through them tomorrow or next week and clean up a few more. Then, I have to start on my sent items and all my other folders.

This wouldn't be such a big deal, but our email server is going through a big change in a month or so where our email size limits will be diminished in a big way. My boss and I are a little nervous about this. He keeps almost everything too - having over 3,000 in his inbox himself.

At least it's Discardia and I'm taking full advantage of it right now. The next Discardia doesn't come along again until December. uffda. Hopefully I can keep this momentum going this weekend and I can clean up my apartment. Again.

No comments: