28 September 2008

Not what I expected

Keith and I were talking a week ago about my calorie intake. I've been sending him my daily eats so he can see how and what I'm eating to determine if what I'm eating is helping or hindering me with my exercise program.

He had said that he didn't think I was taking in enough calories. I averaged maybe 1200-1300 calories most days. He thought that was too low.

What's interesting is he's probably right (well, knowing him...I'm sure he just IS right, not probably). Years ago I had met with one of my other trainers, Derek, who had said the same thing. He wanted me to eat more.

I'm always scared about eating a lot during the day. My grandmother was overweight and I've always had a problem with keeping weight off. There's the constant fear that if I take on more calories, that will me more weight.

I can't weigh any more than I already do. I have a requirement for my job. I'd have stricter requirements for a future position at my job I'm looking into. And I just don't want to be that way for me. I need to be healthy. I don't want to be overweight. Where I am right now is overweight and I refuse to go any higher.

So with all that said, Keith scared the shit out of me when he said I needed to take on more calories. He wasn't sure how many more and is working out a plan for me (in fact, it's complete but I can't open it on my computer).

So for kicks today I checked out this website and entered in my appropriate info. For my height, age, weight...I have to take in 2169 calories to maintain or reach my optimal weight.

Holy crap! 2169 calories! Even if you take off 500 calories, which is supposed to be the limit you remove from your needed intake when you're dieting, that's still 1669. DAILY. And I'm sure I'd need a little more since I'm running more frequently, and will continue to run through the winter and upcoming months.

Man, that just seems insane. The 2169 for sure, but even the 1669. I can't wait to see what Keith comes up for me. Should be interesting.

No comments: