14 September 2008

Searching for a new me

Last week when I met with Keith he helped me to make a new plan for my life. Not only did he give advice on running but he also gave me a plan for the rest of me.

Part of that plan was to read a book each month and to join some clubs. I'm also supposed to go to the movies once a week with someone other than a family member. Well, I really wanted to alter this and swap the book and movie thing around, but oh well.

Well, yesterday one of my co-workers in another section invited me to his place tonight for a get-together. The section was having their once a year family/co-worker get together (did I say that already) and he invited me! This was nice, though I felt a little off because I'm not in their section so I always feel a bit out of place.

All day today the guy kept bugging me, "I really hope you come out tonight." "I'll get you directions." "You really should come out!"

So I hemmed and hawed and finally agreed.

I'm really glad I did. I had a great time. It was fun to hang out and just talk. I'll admit that he and I talked way too much about work, but I did get to meet EB's hubby and MG's kids (who were super cute). I also got to play a little pool with BE's boy.

The pool playing was a lot of fun. I miss shooting pool, and this kid (maybe 9 years old?) was awesome. He even had some behind the back moves he was using (and they worked - little punk). :) I wouldn't mind finding a place where I could learn a bit more or at least play without being too stressed about it.

Anyway. It was a nice night away from work and home. And the guy who invited me had a great place. The moon was so bright and he has a nice acreage where he's put in a pond which was so nice to sit by. I'd love a place like that.

Now I need to sleep. I smell like bbq smoke too, which I'm never a fan of. OH well.

1 comment:

Sophzilla said...

Snaps to you! I would have been hemming and hawing, too! It's so much easier for me to go home and hang out with the dogs!