06 September 2008

Wow...what a wasted day.

I slept in this morning again. I'm really starting to wonder about these meds I'm on. See, I have this great thing called a hypothyroid thing. So I've been on a synthroid kind of drug for...ahem...several years to control it.

Well in July I was running low so I went up to my clinic to see if I could get blood work drawn (as they do each year) and evaluated to make sure I'm on track. Well I got to the clinic and they had this handy dandy sign on the door in big block letters that said, "You must schedule your blood draws through your doctor first." or something like that.

So I turned around and left. Yeah, I know I should have probably stayed to see if they could make an exception or set up a time, but I was on a time crunch that day anyway. The following day I was leaving on my camping trip, which was the beginning of three weeks of insanity.

whatever, I figured I was okay. So on week three of insanity, I was heading up to help Sarah and Eric pack up their moving truck and called the clinic to set up an appointment.

Me: I need to set up a time to get my blood drawn for my hypothyroid.
Receptionist: Who's your doctor?
M: Well...Dr. K. (Did I mention that Dr. K left the practice? Yeah, that's the other problem.)
R: (dead silence) Well, who do you see now?
M: I don't have a doctor right now, I just need to get my blood checked because I'm out of pills.
R: Well you need to pick one because they have to evaluate it and there are a lot of people in line so can you just tell me who you want to go to? (She may have said please in there somewhere but I don't really remember)
M: Then I'll call you back another time.
R: (suddenly concerned) I can direct your call but you need to tell me who you want to be connected to.
M: I don't know if I really want to continue going to your clinic since I now live 40 minutes away and so I'm going to have to think on this. My worry is that I've been out of my pills for quite awhile and I'm sure that's not a good thing. But I'll call you back another time.

And I hung up. She kind of pissed me off with the whole "There are a lot of people in line" thing. Customer service has never been a great aspect of this clinic so I don't know why I was surprised.

But I am trying to find a doctor closer to my place and I did make an appointment the next week with Sarah's doctor for now next week. The only thing is, when I called they didn't seem too keen on checking my thyroid and really I would think that would be key when they are doing the fabulous yearly feel-me-up checkup. So we'll see what happens this week.

But in the meantime, I thought I'd try to get my prescription filled again so I could maybe get rebalanced out before I meet up with her. Last week Thursday I got them refilled, shockingly enough since the last time I tried that they wouldn't. So I've been taking them since and since I restarted I have had no motivation. I've felt lethargic and just not quite right.

SO today I didn't take it and thought maybe it would help. I have felt better today, not quite as lethargic (like wanting to take a nap every hour or so like I did last weekend). But that makes me worried too. Hopefully we'll see how this goes and my meeting with Keith on Monday will help me figure out if it's just a mental thing or physical.

This seems to be a very random, rambling post. Sorry. But this is how my mind has been lately. hmmm Maybe I just need to go to bed.

No comments: