23 September 2008

Critical Thinking

I thought I was finished. I had worked so hard...well I worked and completed my CBTs so I could be signed off on all my training and call it good.

Then, my trainer asks me about my RM3 training and my Critical Thinking CBT. Well, no, I haven't even started those because they are next on my list after all of these other required CBTs.

Well, sadly, my trainer wouldn't sign off on my training today...not until I complete RM3 and Critical Thinking. *sigh* So I pushed through the RM3 training during lunch (it's always fun to eat at your desk) and I'm now taking a break from the CT training.

This latest training got me thinking though...haha, get it? Oh, wait...now I can't remember what I was thinking that triggered me to write here.

OH! Creativity. That's the topic at hand. I'm not the most creative person in the world in the traditional sense of creativity (i.e. music, art, etc.) but I have my moments in that field. But creativity can come in other forms too - finding a new route to work when construction suddenly springs up overnight (as it often does in this area of the world), or discovering a new way to exercise (or even just implementing a new way of doing this), or even just figuring out how you're going to get everything completed in a day.

This still isn't quite what I was going to write about but I seem to get distracted easily these days. It might be the remnants of the jelly donut I had this morning for breakfast (can we just say, sugar shock? Holy crap, I was fidgeting the entire morning and couldn't sit still...scary).

Wow, I'm really on a tangent today. I was going to write a big paragraph here about how crazy it is the course has all these big, fancy words for the basic principles of critical thinking: talk out ideas, think about options, choose the best one. Why does everything have to be so difficult?

Okay, I'm not making any sense anymore. I need sleep. And probably a Guinness but not tonight. I'm saving that for tomorrow after I get a long run in. :) yay ;)

No comments: