07 September 2008

Picture Day!

A couple weeks ago or so, I headed to visit K&E and Nika at the lake. We had so much fun! It was great to get my Nika fix and see how much she has grown since her baptism in July.

Where they stay there is a new pool so we took Nika there to swim for awhile. It was surprisingly cool that day with the lower temps and cool wind from the west. It was hard to believe it was August.

But we got a big kick out of the little lion we had with us.

"Grrr...I'm going to get you...or at least eat my hand! That'll teach you."



Today, I'm having a low key day. I need to run yet but the temp is only 60 degrees. While I love the cool weather, I'm just not in the mood to suit up to go run and sweat. Though the hot shower after would be nice.

I also am driving to the cities tonight for my meeting with Keith tomorrow. Baritonality was completely right that I need to let Keith live out his calling too. When I wrote Keith about my dilemma he said he still wants to watch me run and see how I'm doing with stretching and such. And like E said, if nothing else I can push through for a half marathon since I've already paid for the deal and see how I can do. Last year I probably should have quit after a half too, but I pushed through and finished, though way slower than I wanted. Maybe I can do that again this year and then figure out what I really want to do in life. That's a whole other deal.

So while I'm killing time, avoiding CBTs and trying to figure out what my life's purpose is, I decided to bake. 72 chocolate chip cookies and 24 pb with dark chocolate kisses. YUM! Now I have to divide them into groupings for people because if I eat all of them I'll be huge. And I can't be huge.

But don't they look yummy?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are my hero for even signing up to run. I think you rock no matter what!