13 September 2008

Funny for the day

So here was my funny for the day, and I know you probably won't think this is funny but I find it hysterical.

I was talking with Brian and Eric this morning about families and kids and such. Eric was talking about his 3.5 year old son not quite understanding how to eat sunflower seeds yet. I said, "I'm still working on teaching my 10 year old how to eat those. My 10-year old nephew that is."

Eric said, "He's 10 now? Wow." I said, "Well he's 10, Em's 8, then there's the 5 and 2 year olds. And that's just the lower half. There are 4 more above them."

Brian said, "8 nieces and nephews? That's a lot."

I said, "Yeah, my siblings are...what's the word...very...um, prolific. Is that the right word?"

Brian said, "You mean they have sex a lot?"

I nodded as Eric started laughing and then I said, "Oh! I need to talk to Dean."

This caused both guys to bust out laughing even harder. I stammered and said, "No! I was thinking of fancy words and I have to tell him I figured out the hangman word for the day."

Eric said, "Yeah, that's not what I heard. I heard, 'a lot of sex, oh i have to talk to Dean.'" Brian chimed in and I shook my head laughing and walked out.

Of course then I ran into Jon who asked me about why I was laughing so I explained. He busted out laughing too and said, "I'll never be able to look at either of you the same way again." Sheesh.

To add to this, I walked out of their office and ran into Dean right away. I told him I figured out the word and we chatted about the young kids in Eric, Brian and Jon's office area - how bored they looked. So we decided to go in and try to cheer them up.

Of course, we walk in and Brian and Jon get these shit-eating grins and chuckle. Eric saw us and turned right around back to his office laughing.

So I had to explain to Dean. Luckily he thought this was hysterical too, so we all got a good laugh this morning. Much needed at 7:30, let me tell you. I probably should have just let it go, but since these three guys know me pretty well, they know the truth so it's just a joke that we'll have fun with for awhile.

The bad thing is, if this story gets out it could be detrimental. Not completely but our workplace has a tradition of making more out of things than there really is. Like assuming a guy and girl are sleeping together if they run together or go out for lunch...or even talk and joke around together. Nevermind that we all work together and we're a team. No, if you spend any time at ALL with someone of the opposite sex, you're sleeping with them.

The flip side to this is if you're not married and you're a woman, especially one in her 30's or 40's, you're assumed to be gay (not that there's anything wrong with that - except in my freakishly conservative world for most people around me they think it is).

My job amuses me to no end. *shaking head*

1 comment:

Sophzilla said...

When I read "I have to talk to Dean," my immediate thought was you saying to him, "We need to get busy! We have catching up to do!" Great story!