02 September 2008

I don't give a flying...leap

AAAARRRGGHHHH!!!!! To quote Charlie Brown...

I'm working on my CBTs for work and can I just say that these suck? Thank you, I will.

These SUCK.

I don't care about motherboards and AMR/CNR and FDD and ATA and SATA, SCSI, and 16,000 other acronyms for crap that I don't ever use!

It'd be one thing if I used this stuff daily, or even weekly in my job, but I never use this. I don't fix computers. I don't rip them apart or do troubleshooting or any of this. That's not my job. I am an assistant. I assist my bosses! I type letters, I mail things, I'm a glorified scelectary (to quote Animaniacs)! Fixing computers? Isn't that what we have the IT department for? Isn't that why there are computer geeks (as I affectionately call them) in our workplaces?

Technically, my job is this, but it's only because it's evolved. When I first started in this career field, eons ago, the only thing we did on computers was learn to type. YES, TYPE. During my four week training, two weeks was typing (which I finished in one week and that was only because I took my time). The rest of it was learning how to send messages and type memos and letters and such.

In the really recent years, when I was in a different career field, things evolved to be more computer related. Great...you bet. I didn't care, it wasn't my job. But now I'm back in the field and it sucks, because my job - the one I do EVERY day - has nothing to do with computers other than to turn them on and access files and the like.

Yet, I have to take these courses to qualify for my job and I have to do it because otherwise I have to find a new career. This is not good.

So I'm trying to suck it up and deal, but this stuff SUCKS! I just needed to vent this out. sorry.

3 comments:

Baritonality said...

I'm praying that the dancing, misplaced letters turn into meaningful examples of communication.

Good luck on the CBT's. Which, to me, are dancing, misplaced letters. CBT.

~moe~ said...

Yeah, me too. Sadly though they haven't. There seems to be no meaning. I'm sad.

KJ said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
CBTABCDEFG?