22 September 2008

What's your favorite treat?

Keith and I went out for lunch today at Starbucks. I just had a sandwich because, despite the fact that I had only had 2 cookies for breakfast and was starving, I knew if I ate too much at one sitting I'd get a gut ache for the rest of the afternoon. But Keith was trying to get me to eat more - yogurt or dessert or something.

I got to thinking about the desserts Starbucks was offering which just looked heavy. You know what I mean, heavy? Like they've been processed and baked and processed some more until they look like they could be paperweights.

My favorite dessert most of the year is ice cream - vanilla (I'm so boring). But I love vanilla ice cream...it's just too yummy. (Of course my absolute favorite is Baskin Robbins Daiquiri Ice, but BR closed down here years ago.)

But when I'm not in an ice cream mood my next favorite is Angel Food Cake. Yummmmmm. So I decided to bake one tonight.

And I've eaten half of it.

While drinking a Guinness.

Isn't life grand?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My favorite treat... right now it would have to be sour patch kids. AND because I have been craving them for the last few nights Eric picked me up a couple bags at the store today. Needless to say that makes me really happy!

I do agree with you though on the somethings being too heavy. I like light deserts too.

Miss you a lot and hope your travels went well.