04 September 2008

Terminal Depression

This was the health tip for the day (from myway.com):

Terminal Depression
Did you know that constant work at a computer can be depressing?

A Chinese study has found that those who spend more than 30 hours a week staring at the screen are likely to develop depression and obsession.

As reported in the Chinese-language journal Wei Sheng Yen Chiu, the study says the pattern gets worse with age, and spending that much time at a computer every week for 10 years is almost a guarantee of emotional problems.

So if you work an eight-hour shift, 9 to 5, be sure to turn the computer off on Thursday afternoon and take a long weekend whenever you can.

----
Oh shit. I'm screwed. But I do like the whole "turn the computer off on a Thursday afternoon" part. Maybe I could talk my boss into that every week. Especially since we work four 10's instead of five 8's. hmmm... I wonder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huh! That's interesting...I spend the majority of my time on the computer as does my husband.