03 September 2008

$5 Day 3

Okay, I had my noodles, chicken and veggie thing again. I have no idea what this cost, but luckily, Mrs. Kennedy came to my rescue!

Instead of blogging every day about what I eat and trying to guess what it cost, I'm going to donate the extra of my "lunch costs" at the end of the 21 days and send it to a worthy place. This will work so much better for me. I don't eat out unless I have to (i.e. I'm with other people) and I cook in bulk so I never know what things actually cost. I'll just guesstimate and use the excess to donate!

Plus this will help me to donate more, which is one of my resolutions for the year anyway. YAY! Thanks, Mrs. Kennedy!

Though, because I'm weird, I'll probably still list what I'm eating just to keep with the plan. That way I won't forget to do it either. :)

2 comments:

Baritonality said...

Ooh! That donating is a cool idea. My pastor mentioned on Sunday that some people from his last parish would go to "dinner" at a friend's house once a month. No one would eat, and they each would throw money into the pot of how much they would have spent if they ate out and give it to the local food shelf. Since half the fun of eating out is the company, they only miss out on the food, plus they feel good about "sacrificing" a little to help people out a lot.

I'll have to remember that idea for eating in and donating. Thanks, Moe and Mrs. Kennedy!

~moe~ said...

I know! And the bonus is, if someone takes me out to lunch, as they sometimes do, then I can donate the full $5 that day instead, because it's not money I'm spending and so I can donate it all! YAY!

And really, donating $5 a day for 21 days is only $105 which over time is nothing, especially when you add it up like this. I'm really liking this idea.