19 September 2008

Funny of the day

Again reminding myself that this month is supposed to be the month of "Ha!" for NaBloPoMo, which I seem to keep forgetting since it's end of fiscal year and everything is going crazy at work, here's my funny for the day.

I've been catching up on TV since I've been missing things lately. So I watched Bones from last week tonight. Bones is having a strictly sexual relationship with a guy Mark who is a deep sea welder. Of course Booth is a wee bit jealous, not that he'd admit it, and is asking all these questions and Bones is trying to explain and justify her relationship. She's also trying to prove just how cool Mark is (as most girls do when they are trying to convince themselves that the guy they are with is good for them).

Bones: "He can hold his breath for three minutes down there."

Booth, smiling suggestively, "Underwater?"

Bones: "Of course." Then gives Booth a "look" since he's still being all suggestive and she's just picked up on the joke.

Too funny.

This is going to be a rough TV season since a lot of my favorite shows overlap and I'll have to decide which to tape and which to watch. (Yes, tape. TiVo wouldn't work on my 1993 television set...I don't think it has enough connectors, and if I tried I fear it would fry my set something fierce). Luckily Tuesdays are looking pretty quiet so at least I can catch up on Monday shows on Tuesday and the rest of the week on Friday's or Saturday's.

Oh, my life is sad. Of course if I could find a guy who could hold his breath for three minutes at a time I probably wouldn't have this problem. haha!

2 comments:

Amy Adams said...

Don't you need to get a new TV for the big digital switch in February? One that comes with TiVo?

Oh yes, I'm an enabler.

~moe~ said...

Cate! you are an enabler. I'm totally going to have to look into TiVo more. I didn't realize just how cool this is, and it'll give me a little time to figure out what I can afford. Sheesh... look what you've done! :)